“Search UI” can help to to test queries and see results without writing any code.
The results will be JSON formatted message which contain standard fields like:
- matches – total number of found documents
- results – array of documents with relevance score
- facets (optionally) – if index and results contain categories then facets array will show how many documents contain each category
- query – current search query
- search_time – time to find results on server side
Right now it is very limited in functionality – you can test only search query.
In the future plans we want to extend Search testing tool with:
- good error handling which will give you tips about type of error
- more search options like fetch fields, generate snippets or use scoring functions
- better rendering of JSON result string
If you like or dislike this tool please spend 2 minutes and send a feedback.
Special thanks to Yosh Schulman who give us good insight to build this tool!